To help your child stay active this summer, Walkabouts is launching our second annual Stay Active! Summer Challenge for pre-K to 2nd grade students! The idea is simple – we’ve created an activity tracker for children to complete for 10 weeks during the summer. Print out our Stay Active! Summer Challenge Activity Tracker, post it someplace visible like on the fridge, and fill it out each day.
By posting the activity tracker in a central place in your home, you’ll be reminding your child of the importance of movement while encouraging participation in the challenge.
Each child who completes the challenge by August 30, 2019 will receive a t-shirt from Walkabouts.
Encourage your child’s classmates and friends to participate in the challenge! The elementary school with the largest number of participating students will receive $1,000 courtesy of Walkabouts.
TYPES OF ACTIVITIES
What types of activities can children complete as part of the Stay Active! Summer Challenge?
- Sports such as soccer, basketball, baseball/softball, swimming, tennis
- Running, hiking, walking, marching, galloping, skipping
- Exercises such as jumping jacks, sit ups, push ups, squats, lunges, bicep curls
- Creative movement such as dancing, yoga, stretching, spinning
- Drawing letters, numbers, and pictures in the air with your finger or with the body
- Quick movements in place such as fast feet, high knees, hopping, jumping rope
To participate in the Stay Active! Summer Challenge, simply print out the Activity Tracker, and post it in a central place in your home. Help your child complete a movement-based activity each day. When the activity tracker is complete, fill out our online form, or send a photo of the completed checklist to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 30, 2019.
Will you and your child accept the challenge?